Tuesday, September 22, 2009

6:7:07

Hey everyone, I thought I'd take this time to update you all as to what is going on with me personally and professionally. As many of you know I am currently in the midst of a long LOOOOOOONG off season from competing. As of now my main focus is completing my PhD thesis research as well as getting married to my girlfriend of three years, Isabel. I am still training very hard and trying to make improvements in anticipation of stepping on the natural pro stage for the first time. I have still managed to stay very busy this off season.

In addition to the new site I also am featured in a webcast series on bodybuilding.com called Inside the Life of a Pro Natural Bodybuilder (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm) which is chronicling my off season quest to make improvements for my first show.
I also recently presented some of my thesis research at the University of Illinois Nutritional Science symposium where my poster presentation was awarded first place and I also presented the same research at the Experimental Biology Symposium in Washington, DC and it seemed to be received very well.
This weekend I am traveling to Las Vegas, NV to present more of my thesis research at the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN) symposium. A big thank you to Scivation is warranted for sponsoring my research presentation and my trip out there. Many companies talk the talk but I'm glad to be affiliated with a company who actually genuinely cares about the research I am conducting.
Other than the aforementioned ventures I am also keeping busy with prepping many clients for shows. This is especially fun for me, as I am living vicariously through them until I compete again. There are few things in the world more satisfying than the look on someone's face when they do well in a show and accomplish their goals.

Until next time,
-Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers