Tuesday, September 22, 2009

11:2:07

What's up gym rats?

Been a while since my last blog as I have quite a few irons in the fire at the moment.
Wedding planning, research, grant writing, filming for the show and DVD, training, traveling to shows, and writing books/articles has been taking up about 28 hours of my 24 hour days. I wouldn't be happy if I wasn't busy I suppose. I honestly cannot remember the last time I was bored. It will be a welcome vacation next may to get a few weeks off for our honeymoon.

The next six months are going to be exciting for me and Scivation as we have several big things planned so remain on the lookout! I almost forgot to mention, if you have not tried the apple Xtend yet, you just don't know what you are missing. It is simply ridiculously good. So much so that we were running low on it, Isabel would slap my hand when she found me using her bottle of apple xtend!

One of the big things I am looking forward to this month is the OCB Midwest States in Dekalb, IL on November 17th. Isabel and I have been involved with helping/planning the show in some form or another since it's inception in 2005. This year it will be a pro qualifier and primed to bring in some big talent.

What I am most excited about is the "team" portion of the show. If 3 more more competitors are from the same gym, have the same coach, from the same town, etc, then they can form a 'team.' It just so happens that I have four people doing the show including the latest addition to Team Scivation's growing list of top natural bodybuilders: Tommy Jeffers. This will be Tommy's first pro qualifier and I have to believe he is one of the front runner's. You can see more of Tommy on the latest episode of my webcast:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife12.htm

The other people entering as our team will be Carissa Meyers, Nicole Lindblad, and Darrell Sneed. Carissa is certainly a front runner for the figure pro card. This will only be her third show ever, but she has a ton of talent and great conditioning. Nicole will be entering the women's bodybuilding portion of the show.

Nicole has been with me for some time and I'm really excited about the progress she has made and how hard she has worked. I think this show will be a turning point for her and I doubt there will be a better back
on stage! Darrell is coming off winning the Master's class at the NANBF Great Lakes States, his very first show! Again, I have a hard time believing Darrell will not be challenging for another Master's title at this show. You just don't see many 40+ year olds with split hammies and striated glutes! The only thing this team loves more than apple flavored Xtend is WINNING, so if you are in the area you should come check out the Team along with the other fabulous natural athletes at the Midwest States! I will be attending and happy to chat with anyone who shows up!

Also, check out the forum section of the site as several Team members have pre-contest journals there!

Until next time,
-Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers