Tuesday, September 22, 2009

5:29:07

Well the site has been up around a week now and so far the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I want to thank each and every one of you for visiting my site and checking it out. Your support means the world to me. Please email me any questions you have regarding nutrition, supplementation, and training and if you may find it in the bioblog. Now onto this week’s blog…

It is summertime and the contest season is fully upon us. Being somewhat of a veteran competitor I get asked quite a bit about competition by potential competitive bodybuilders. One trend I am starting to notice is that many of these potential competitors often say “well I plan to start dieting to see how it goes and if all goes well I’ll do (insert show name) show.” I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a bodybuilding competition is not something you just casually do, especially if you expect to win. If you want to have a chance in the world you either have to decide if you are IN or you are OUT. If you haven’t fully committed yourself to a show I can all but guarantee that you will back out when things at work get stressful, or when you start getting terrible hunger pangs, or you start feeling small in your clothes, etc. If you want to do a show, then do it. Mail in your entry form 6 months ahead of time so there is no backing out. In the words of Yoda “Do or do not, there is no try.” Yoda would have made one hell of a bodybuilder… other than his height issue.

Until next time, train insane.

-Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers