Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Update (olympia, powerlifting, and research)

Hey Everyone,
As usual I've done a poor job of keeping my blog updated, so here we go! As many of you know, I will be attending the Mr. Olympia this weekend with Isabel to cover the event for bodybuilding.com. If you are attending you can chat/meet with me at the Scivation booth (booth #251) on both Friday and Saturday from 2-4pm. If you can't attend then make sure you are following me on twitter as I will be tweeting updates that you can follow @biolayne on twitter. I will be tweeting pictures, updates, and all kinds of VIP/behind the scenes stuff for you guys.

I also have picked out my next powerlifting competition. I will be doing the October 8th Raw United meet in Tampa at the Jackson Springs recreation center. I am hoping to hit a 1650+ raw total at the meet. I recently hit a 610 lb squat in training so things are really looking good!

Finally, my PhD research group got our latest study published regarding protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. You can view the abstract here: http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/early/2011/09/07/ajpendo.00242.2011.abstract

For a more 'lay' interpretation of this research please read: http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/protein_size_&_frequency.pdf

Thanks for reading and following!

Layne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers